Welcome! As part of Paragon’s continuing series of posts examining the top benefits of electronic trial master files (eTMFs), we are examining how:
- Electronic Trial Master Files save time
- Electronic Trial Master Files save money
- Electronic Trial Master Files increase visibility
Last week we reviewed the Top 10 cost-saving benefits of eTMF. This week will be examining the top 10 ways an eTMF can increase visibility.
Electronic Trial Master Files Increase Visibility
- Poor quality / incorrect documents can be quickly discovered and repaired
- Content gaps in required documents, version control, expired documents are readily surfaced
- Any users struggling with proper TMF use can be quickly identified, retrained and supported
- Milestones can be managed for site activation in order to trigger drug shipment; site status can be updated by the progress of milestones
- Broader TMF health views via dashboard status reports: sites, countries, % complete, etc.
- Automatic notifications / task lists make team members aware of eTMF next step to-dos
- Search allows content to be actionable instead of static and unavailable
- Sponsors have on-line oversight for CRO-delegated tasks
- Quality personnel have on-line access for audits
- Leveraging the information in the electronic trial master files as part of your larger, integrated Clinical Architecture will improve operational decision making, and reduce compliance issues from redundant manual entry across systems
Do you have any other ways in which implementing an eTMF has increased visibility? Were there situations where eTMF obscured data? Share your experiences with others so that we can all more accurately predict the future-state with eTMF.
We know that not all eTMFs are created equal. Benefits must be identified and quantified for your organization as a critical component of TMF Maturity modeling when embarking on the road to new or improved eTMF.
See you next week for our wrap up: All Star Top 10 eTMF benefits!