Paragon Solutions shares perspectives on best practices, strategies and technologies driving the state of business process re-engineering today.
As today's ever increasing digital disruption continues to create unprecedented pressure on business leaders to create an environment that is flexible, agile and dynamic, the drive of enterprises to deploy Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) is strong.
- Organizations want to function in a flexible, agile and structured manner to best enable personnel to be more multi-skilled, as well as enable processes to be more strategic and technologies to be best exploited and optimized for operations management and business growth.
- Enterprises - focusing on ways to elevate their people, processes and technologies to new levels of collaborative and strategic performance - are repositioning for the necessary digital transformation that is impacting all markets.
As organizations move toward BPR initiatives, it is imperative they employ a proven methodology to evaluate improvements to organizational capabilities by assessing the current environment combined with industry best practices to establish a future state vision that is achievable. Project oversight must include the defining of key activities, ensuring progress is aligned with enterprise goals and enacting solid project communications strategies to mobilize teams and confirm an enterprise vision.
There are six key deliverables to streamlining business process re-engineering.
These key deliverables create efficient, effective environments for identifying workflow issues, examining change requirements, outlining phase implementation and prioritizing recommendations as part of a BPR initiative.
The six key steps to streamlining BPR are:
- Communication Plan: Set stakeholder expectations on the project, letting them know what information they will receive and when and how they will receive it.
- Stakeholder Feedback Summary: Capture stakeholder feedback relative to key issues and concerns. Solicit improvement suggestions and critical success factors for change. Document stakeholder’s vision for optimal practices.
- Process Decomposition: Drill down business processes to better understand what is working well, what is not. Identify any unique customer practices.
- Current State Capability Summary: Develop metrics of complexity, redundancy, variations, for work processes. Provide benchmarking of results against peer organizations with respect to their business processes.
- Future State High-Level Process Flows: Define the target workflow including process flows and organizational readiness.
- Implementation Roadmap: Rationalize recommendation options based on business impacts with corresponding investment impacts. Produce roadmap strategy aligned with agreed priorities.
With these six critical deliverables addressed, enterprises can effectively push to function in a flexible and structured manner to best enable personnel to be multi-skilled, as well as enable processes to be more strategic and technologies to be fully optimized for management and business growth.