EMC Corporation, or EMC2, is an international corporation based in the United States that designs intelligent software products and services in order to provide more innovative solutions to the biggest information technology problems facing us today. The company offers tools to help businesses and organizations make the most of their data. With pioneering solutions to our most challenging information limitations and problems, it is one of the most admired computer companies out there. Every year, the company holds a four-day event that is much more than a convention, and this year’s EMC World 2013 is shaping up to be the most interesting yet.
What’s so Special About EMC World 2013?
The event returns every year, and as always, it will be a place for a diverse group of people from a variety of EMC Communities to convene, discuss, connect, learn, innovate and share ideas. There’s been a lot of speculation and conversation about this year’s World event in particular, though. The most obvious wow factor that people are talking about is the location: Las Vegas, NV. There should be an abundance of noise, glitz and glamour to go along with the setting, which is sure to get attendees excited about the possibilities of harnessing the data wave. There will even be celebrity entertainment during the customer appreciation portion of the event, and we’re not talking about the stars of information technology. The acclaimed singer and musician Bruno Mars will be performing for attendees under the bright lights of Vegas. There will also be a host of intriguing keynote speakers, countless technical sessions, hands-on product demonstrations, networking opportunities and the EMC Certified Solution Kiosk. Here’s a bit more information about these and more exciting activities at this year’s event.
A Program of Fascinating Keynotes and Practical Sessions
Several keynote speakers will address the crowds in Las Vegas, NV May 6 through May 9, 2013. Many of the leading executives from EMC Corporation will be on hand to give keynote addresses, including President and COO David Goulden, Executive Vice President of Product Operations and Marketing Jeremy Burton, Enterprise Storage Division President Brian Gallagher, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Joe Tucci, Chief Strategist Paul Maritz, Backup Recovery Systems President Guy Churchward, Information Intelligence Group President Rick Devenuti, Advanced Software Division President Amitabh Srivastava, Unified Storage Division President Rich Napolitano, Isilon Storage Division President Bill Richter, Flash Products Division Senior Vice President and General Manager Zahid Hussain and the head of SVP Products & Solutions at Information Intelligence Group, Rohit Ghai. VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger will also be one of Tuesday’s keynote speakers.
EMC World 2013 has its fair share of hands-on workshop sessions, as well, throughout all four days of the event. Here is a preview of this year’s session topics:
- Big Data Storage and Analytics
- Business Continuity and Disaster Avoidance
- Global Partner Summit
- ITaaS – People, Process, Technology
- Mainframe Environments
- Applications and Databases
- Partner Solutions
- Security and Compliance
- Backup, Recovery and Archiving
- Storage Automation and Management
- Storage Platforms, FAST and Flash
- Technology Directions
- Virtualization & Cloud Computing
- Momentum/Information Intelligence
New Activities and Communities to Draw the Crowds
Two new community experiences are sure to make this year’s event in Las Vegas, NV especially unique: Global Partner Summit (on Monday, May 6) and Momentum (throughout all four days). The Global Partner Summit is being touted as the source for partner-specific information and networking with international executives to help attendees make the most of the event, with key executives speaking and leading insightful, interactive discussions during a special session centered on all the hottest topics. The organizers are also promising “many surprises in store” for those who attend Global Partner Summit.
Momentum is sure to be full of surprises as well, but we know for sure that it will feature more than 100 hours of Information Intelligence Group educational sessions divided into 11 different topics, or “tracks,” as well as numerous breakout sessions, exclusive activities and content. Roundtable discussions, labs, consulting sessions, networking events, a solutions showcase and keynote addresses featuring Rohit Ghai and Rick Devenuti will also keep the “Momentum” going.
If you are planning to attend or maybe just stop by, don’t forget to visit Paragon Solutions at booth #1007 or at the EMC Booth #1101 Healthcare Certified Solution kiosk to learn about how we are helping meet some of the collaboration, content management, regulatory and workflow challenges facing financial services, healthcare, insurance, life sciences and communications companies today:
- New Account Opening for Financial Services – streamline the new account process to reduce costs and improve the client experience
- Collaboration & Knowledge Management – help teams collaborate and manage knowledge better for greater business benefit
- Summary of Benefits & Coverage – automate the generation of personalized benefit information to reduce costs and meet regulatory requirements
- Healthcare Enrollment & Claims Processing – speed the enrollment and claims processes for faster customer response and improved satisfaction
- BPM Integration – integrate systems and processes to increase productivity and enhance revenue
- Intelligent Content Capture – enable electronic distribution of documents to increase processing speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Information Governance and Compliance – ensure organizational records management and archiving policies to minimize risk and maintain compliance
- Enterprise Content Management – enable greater control of content to achieve regulatory/non-regulatory needs