EMC’s Enterprise Content Division (ECD), a leader in Enterprise Content Management (ECM), has announced InfoArchive 4.0, a unified enterprise platform that powers compliant archiving scenarios at petabyte scale.
Showcased during EMC World 2016, EMC InfoArchive 4.0 enhances the ability to secure and leverage large amounts of critical application data and content to empower modern-day business success.
As enterprises modernize their data center and applications, a solution that archives legacy apps to reduce costs – while continuing to make data available to the organization – is required.
With its fast time to value and the small footprint, EMC InfoArchive 4.0 includes a completely new, horizontally scalable architecture, also combining flexible reporting and easy accessibility to make vast amounts of data and content available. Designed to provide visibility into both structured and unstructured data sources and dependencies in one architecture, InfoArchive 4.0 is easing complexities and eliminating the siloed infrastructure of the past.
InfoArchive 4.0: 4 Fast Facts
- EMC InfoArchive 4.0 architecture enables extreme archiving scenarios with structured and unstructured data, and enhances the ability to secure and leverage critical application data and content.
- EMC InfoArchive 4.0 enhances user experience and accelerates time to value, while helping enterprises modernize their data centers.
- EMC InfoArchive 4.0 provides compliant platform with horizontal and vertical solutions.
- EMC InfoArchive support for SAP HANA, SAP S4HANA and SAP SuccessFactors, enables compliant information management throughout the application lifecycle to reduce the costs of implementing and supporting SAP systems.
Redefining Archiving: Extreme Archiving
Extreme archiving scenarios at petabyte scale are becoming increasingly important for two reasons, according to Jeroen van Rotterdam, CTO of EMC Enterprise Content Division.
First, managing the amount of structured and unstructured data created and processed today is tremendously challenging. Second, the pressure to maintain compliant data in highly regulated industries, such as Financial Services, has intensified. Customers require the right solution to address both of these challenges, as well as to achieve cost savings and better data insights, which ultimately drive better business decisions.
EMC InfoArchive 4.0’s compliance capabilities address business pressures and changes brought on by factors such as the volume and diversity of information, shifting supervisory expectations, constant regulatory change and complex legislation. These new features enable retention management, legal holds, data masking and PCI compliance without the need to copy or reprocess data after it has been ingested.
While other available products require expensive and custom adds-on to adhere to regulatory mandates, EMC InfoArchive 4.0 is the only solution that provides out-of-the-box compliant data access for Hadoop.
With EMC InfoArchive 4.0, regulated information and records can be made available to big data analytics at a low total cost of ownership (TCO) and without compliance compromises.
SAP Active Archiving & Application Retirement
EMC InfoArchive now enables customers to manage SAP data throughout the application lifecycle. A few things to keep in mind:
- The EMC platform supports active archiving of SAP production systems into EMC InfoArchive with SAP Archivelink.
- Not only can users access and retrieve data using SAP-native tools, but they can also manage data in a centralized repository and maintain compliance with both industry regulations and company policies.
- EMC InfoArchive also supports SAP application retirement and decommissioning, through partnerships with PBS Software GmbH and EPI-USE Labs.
- With these partner solutions, EMC provides SAP users a smooth transition to new technologies such as SAP HANA, SAP S4HANA and the SAP SuccessFactors cloud solution.
- EMC InfoArchive manages data across the transition by offloading inactive information from SAP before migration. This helps reduce the timeframe, cost and effort for SAP upgrades and consolidation projects.
EMC InfoArchive is a unified enterprise archiving platform that stores related structured data and unstructured content in a single consolidated repository. It enables corporations to preserve the value of enterprise information in a single, compliant, and easily accessible unified archive. Supported by a robust partner ecosystem, including the InfoArchive Consortium, EMC offers industry and horizontal solutions to address specific organizational requirements, such as Clinical Archiving.